Thursday, August 18, 2011

32 Before 33 Thursdays -- Working on a Workspace

I didn't think I would actually attempt this one for quite awhile (or at all while living here). For seven years Jack and I owned our house in which I had my own office/craft space to do whatever I wanted, and I barely used it. I have no idea what I was thinking. Now that we're packed into this two bedroom townhouse I am dying for an office/studio/workspace. I've been desperately trying to figure out a space that I could use (do we really need that half bathroom? How often do we actually use the dining room? Does Riley really need a room, can't he just sleep on the couch?) Unfortunately all of my suggestions keep getting shot down.

But, all of my stuff is starting to take over the house so I need to do something. Which brings me to the most obvious, and yet least desirable part of the house: the basement.


I don't like our basement. I really don't. I try to avoid it whenever possible. It's not the worst, but I still don't like it. It's just so basementy. I have no desire to hang out in a space surrounded by insulation and cement. And I'm pretty sure there's spiders down there.



But, I'm determined to make this my pretty, creative space. I just have no idea how I'm going to do that. So, right now I'm trying to figure out the cheapest, non-permanent (we're renting) way to cover the walls and floors.


Any suggestions?

No comments: