Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I'm Digging Wednesdays - Journals

I've been thinking a lot lately about starting a journal. It's something I used to do when I was younger, and is always on my mind as one of those "I should do that" things, but I just never seem to get around to it.

But, I'm going to change that. No really, I am. So, instead of actually doing something productive, I've spent a couple hours on Etsy looking through hundreds of journals and getting more and more inspired. The following are some of my favorites I've found so far:
1. Embossed Black Leather Journal with Heart Key Charm by Boundbyhand.  I love everything about this one; the leather, the key, the ribbon, it's just perfect.




2. The Madeleine - Hand Dyed and Coptic Stitched Journal  by FeedingTheLake. I'm not usually a huge fan of yellow, but it's starting to grow on me and this one kinda reminds of waffle-cut fries.



3. Vintage Brass Pocket Journal by Paperclayjunkie. There's something about chunky adornments that just gets me.




4. Vintage BINGO journal by Thepapergardenuk. I've discovered that you can make a journal out of pretty much anything, and I'm a little obsessed with Bingo, so yeah.



5. Dreamland. Fuschia Mini Diary, Painted Journal, Decorated Cover by CelioDesigns. I love the colors and textures of this painted one.



6. Sketchbook Journal - And Now The Living Spaces by Somavenus. I think collages are cool.



7. Repurposed Vintage Blank Journal-Little Women by Chimelle. Little Women - yay!!


8. Amethyst - vegan suede journal by Moxy. Purple makes me happy.



The only problem now is these are so cool, I'd feel kinda intimidated to write in them. I'd keep waiting for the perfect thing to write, and in the process not write anything at all. I seriously need to get over that. Does anyone else do that?

No comments: