Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Totally Made That Tuesday -- Jewelry Display Frame



I came across this tutorial a couple of weeks ago and really liked the idea of framing your jewelry. I also wanted another frame to use in photos for my new Etsy shop (although I haven't actually used the photos yet). So, I went to the thrift store and started digging. I came across this and decided it would work perfectly:



I painted it, because it was kinda ugly. In the tutorial, Amy screwed in cup hooks along the top, which looks really cool. However, I wanted to be able to use the frame anytime I had a new item for the shop, but I didn't want to have to keep taking the hooks in and out, so I changed it a little. I just took the piece of carboard that was in the mirror and covered it with fabric.



Then I stuck in a few pushpins, and it was done.



So easy, and I think it came out pretty good. And I love that I have somewhere pretty to keep my jewelry, and that I can easily pop the whole thing out when I need to use the frame.



Do you have any cool ways of displaying your jewelry?

No comments: