When we moved,we sold our house and rented a townhouse. A two bedroom townhouse. We had thought about having Riley and Ava share a room, but decided Riley needed a space to call his own.
So, Ava's in our room. I didn't want it to feel like we just had her stuff in our room; I wanted at least some of the space to feel like hers.
I decided to do some letter paintings to distinguish her area of the room. I knew right away I wanted to match them to the bedding on her crib.
However, this project definitely grew beyond my original idea which was just to have very simple brown letters on a pink background. I also thought they would only be 4x6 or 5x7. Well, that changed when I went to the store. I could only find the smaller sizes individually, but they had a package of ten 8x10s for a fraction of what the smaller sizes would have cost.
Well, now I had the larger sizes, but they were way too big to just have plain pink background. So, I decided to mimic the patterns on her bedding. But, I couldn't decide if I wanted to do the stripes or the circles. So, I just did both. And I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love the way they turned out.
I made stencils for the letters, but just free-handed everything else. At first I thought I would try to have very precise lines and everything, but I did a couple practice ones really quick and loved how loose and natural they looked. They aren't perfect, but I like them even better because of it.
I had so much fun painting these. I was kinda disappointed to be done. I might do something similar for Riley's room, but he's already got a lot going on in there!