Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas and Catching Up

So, this post is a little late, it was supposed to go up yesterday (or a week ago), but we've been pretty lazy around here. It's been nice having Jack and Riley home all week. We did a lot of relaxing and playing with new toys. Ava and I have gotten used to them both being home, it's going to be hard when they go back to school (Jack has off until the 17th, but Riley went back today). So, we were just hanging out enjoying our time together.

We've gotten a few more things done around the house too. We finally got the dining room cleared out enough to actually put the table up because it looked like this for a very long time. Jack's been busy painting our room, and I've been trying to create some sort of organization in my studio. We're quickly running out of time though because Ava's birthday party (I can't believe she's going to be two already!) is at the end of the month, and we're trying to get the house finished by then.

I've also been trying to tackle my long list of to-do projects. Does anybody else have these? Apparently I can't walk out of a thrift store or garage sale without a pile of stuff that "would be really cool if I just painted this, and glued that back on, and then covered this part with fabric and then... etc." It seems as though I've accumulated quite a few of these projects, so I've vowed not to go to the thrift store again until I actually finish a few of them. I can check off a cute little chair for Ava off the list though! I'll be back later to show you the makeover.

But, I realized I haven't put any pictures from Christmas up yet! So, here's what Christmas looked like around here:

Every year we each paint an ornament for the tree - this was Ava's first year!




Much to Jack's dismay, Riley has decided to be a Packers fan, although he says he still likes the Vikings too. I would prefer we just didn't watch football.


Clearly, the dog is very excited it's Christmas morning.





I hope your holidays were happy and stress-free. Thanks to anyone who has made it through this long, rambling, fairly directionless post! Check back later to see Ava's cute new chair.

No comments: